WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > General Photography Technique

General Photography Technique Discussion on General Photography Technique

Kodak 2475 recording film dev times?....mission improbable??!

Old 25-04-07, 16:58

Default Kodak 2475 recording film dev times?....mission improbable??!

Just got my hands on a couple of rolls of Kodak 2475.
Haven't seen or used for ages.

Anyone any idea of development times required in stock ID11 at 24c when rated at ISO 4000?

Yes, I already know from memory this stuff has grain like golf balls and curls up big time when drying.....and yeah, it's so old it's probably fogged already...but

The request here is a long shot I know, but I asked the same direct to Kodak and was made to feel as welcome as a fart in a phonebox!

Any info or peoples findings, including those that need to dig back into old files to find would be grateful. I'd rather not do clip tests, as I haven't got much to play with....(but may have to I guess)
Old 25-04-07, 18:03

Joe,

I have dug out Kodaks own info and will take a pic of the relevant page and post in a bit.

Quite a bit of info so easier done that way.

Don
Old 25-04-07, 20:31

Joe,

Attatched is the info page on 2475 from Kodaks own publication. I have included a pic of the cover as if seen on a secondhand bookstall its worth a look.

I have split the info page over 2 images so you should be able to get a decent print.

Afraid I cannot remember, if ever I knew how HC110 at various dilutions compares to ID11. Attatched is a link to Kodaks HC-110 developer information pdf that explains ( Dil A ) and ( Dil B ).

Grain like golf balls - if this all works out it would be great to see a scan. That will bring back memories of uprated Tri-X. Probably also surprise those who have only experience of digital.

Have FUN.

Don

Ooops forgot the link http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...bs/j24/j24.pdf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kodak-Publication.jpg (107.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DS12-top.jpg (149.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DS12-bottom.jpg (115.4 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Don Hoey; 25-04-07 at 20:34.
Old 25-04-07, 21:35

Thumbs up

Hi Joe,

NEVER say die.

Link attatched. Enter your film and developer and it calculates the time.

http://www.photocritic.org/articles/...sing/index.php

Don
Old 26-04-07, 21:39

Wahay! jackpot!

Big thanks Don.
Think I'll save this link, as it'll prove useful when I'm in experimentation mode.

On another tangent, one day I might even find some old stock Technical pan to go the opposite way with....smooth creamy mono tones....some of my most favourite hollywood star images were taken using that stuff....it was rare when I first got into photography....it'll probably be easier to find Lord Luncan or Elvis, but we shall see!
Old 27-04-07, 09:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
one day I might even find some old stock Technical pan to go the opposite way with....smooth creamy mono tones....some of my most favourite hollywood star images were taken using that stuff....it was rare when I first got into photography....it'll probably be easier to find Lord Luncan or Elvis, but we shall see!
Tech Pan my favourite from the film days.
A bit of a different challenge from 2475 at ISO 4000, if you rate it at ISO 12. Unfortunately I think this is only sold fresh in 5 x 4 now. Keep going like this Joe and I may be inspired to unpack my darkroom kit.

Don
Old 27-04-07, 20:24

Yes, the last time I used Tech pan was at uni. I seem to remember it being a problem to get then. it had largely dissappeared in 35mm format and I certainly haven't seen any since. I had a Nikon FM fitted with a lovely f1.2 50mm nikkor, which I remember came in extremely useful for taking shots of the fashion design goings-on in the workshop next door...
Unfortunately, the camera got stolen (replaced it with a nasty but cheap F301, then an F3 and back up FM2n when I could afford them)....and even worse much of my uni negs have dissappeared. I was less careful back then (back then I mean less than 15 years ago tho!)

I'm on the look out for obscure film to experiment with...ebay throws up all sorts of oddities, particularly because I think the now digital studios and labs are clearing out their old, rarely used film stock.

we shall see.
thanks again for the help Don

Last edited by Joe; 27-04-07 at 20:30.