World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   The Digital Darkroom (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Image manipulation starter. (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=713)

Snowyowl 26-02-06 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saphire
Snowyowl
Here is the image back ,I have just tried it and it will work in the photo. You could use the magic wand on it own if you don't have the quick mask.

Very nice. I'll have to work on this stuff.

Saphire 26-02-06 19:15

2 Attachment(s)
Snowyowl
When you pasted the image onto the scene does it make a new layer if it does, I think you will be able to change the layer to luminosity, then it will take on the colour of the scene.

Imageinnovator 26-02-06 19:29

Great to see people join in, let's all try. It's a learning curve for all of us and lack of experience should not be a barrier. There must be a multitude of suitable pictures out there just waiting for an airing.

Have fun,
Gerry.

Saphire 26-02-06 19:30

1 Attachment(s)
Gerry

This is the screen for the render filters.

John 27-02-06 11:16

3 Attachment(s)
Not very good Christine but at least I've tried. Might have another go when I have a bit more time.
I think the sky is a bit better on the second image but still not happy with reflection.
I have raised the horizon in image 3. I think I prefer image 2 inspite of the equal split between sky and sea. The sky seems too cramped in 3.

Saphire 27-02-06 11:42

John A smashing idea. Needs a little more thought with the light source, (sun) and the boat. 1. It would be a shadow longer than the height of the mast given the low angle of the sun. 2. The angle of that shadow from the boat must be in a diagonal line from the sun. Plus it would be a silhouette and rippled not a mirror image. The light source on the grassed area would indicate another strong light source from behind. Makes the composite picture look totally false. This is after all a learning idea each learning from the other so that our manipulation techniques will improve all round.

My own image still has a lot of work to be done on it to make it more plausible and when you are working on your own photo's you don't always see the faults.

Imageinnovator 27-02-06 12:09

But to add to Christine's comments...thanks John for having the courage to try and a good effort. I hope that doesn't sound patronising - that's the last thing on my mind.

Gerry

Saphire 27-02-06 12:11

I have just done a simialr thing to my own image on the previous page. What do you think.

Imageinnovator 27-02-06 12:49

Shadows are something you don't always think about but which make such a difference to the image. Looks good on the middle boat, now the one on the LHS !! I am going blind playing with lighting effects, thought the sun should be halfway under the horizon to give this sort of halflight??

Gerry

Saphire 27-02-06 14:26

John your PM box is full