World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   Computers and The Internet (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Free software for downloading (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=2253)

walwyn 13-04-07 11:40

Free software for downloading

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

Each day a new software package is uploaded. If you download and activate within a 24hr period it is free to use. If you miss the 24hr deadline tough.

Today's package is a website designer.

Christine 13-04-07 22:30

Walwyn,thanks for the site info.I did go and have a look,and was interested as I would love to be able to make a small website without having to use techhie info,BUT,when I read of the all the probs trying to install the product,decided it looked too complicated.Having said that ,the site owners did seem to be doing their best to help people.
thanks anyway.

walwyn 13-04-07 23:02

Frankly they are a bunch of whining gits. The registration process was easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy, maybe there was a glitch earlier in the day. I filled out the reg form using a bogus address and a throwaway email addy. It took from start to finish 3 minutes, and the activation key was provided immediately it didn't even need the email addy.

-----------------
1. No need to redownload the package you’ve got earlier
2. Run setup.exe (SETUP - NEXT - ACCEPT)
3. Choose ‘Install registered version’ and click Next
4. Click on the link that is below the Registration fields
5. Follow the registration process (2 screens: the Product Code is GIVEAWD57X5)
6. Check your email for the Unlock code
7. Put the code you’ve got in it’s place and continue the installation
-----------------

walwyn 13-04-07 23:19

1 Attachment(s)
The software will create pages like this example. Bear in mind I've just spent 10 minutes with it.

Zeb 06-05-07 01:01

Thanks walwyn, I've bookmarked that and will be checking up on that daily :P

The only concern I have for that is whether any spyware/adware or any other greyware is also going to be installed when installing the software!

sassan 06-05-07 06:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeb (Post 19986)

The only concern I have for that is whether any spyware/adware or any other greyware is also going to be installed when installing the software!

Good general concern but don't worry for that in this site. I have not missed anything since the day this nice posting was up and Nada, no problem so far.

BTW out of at least 100 people that leave their notes about the program daily, 50 are nerd enough to make the type of spyware/adware/malware recognized and put in well projected.

All you want to be concerned about, is the background memory (RAM) that many of these small programs may occupied & combined if you download and run every program that you really not need, may soon slow down your computer.

Nevertheless a very good site with lots of good offers.

walwyn 06-05-07 11:13

I've not seen any problems, I had one email offering an upgrade to a more advanced version of one of the programs, and as sassan says the comments from other dowloaders aren't talking about spyware etc. There were some reports of McAffee reporting false positives in one program some months ago, none of the other spyware, or anti-virus programs found a problem, and it was put down to stupid McAfee again.

Also as sassan says just be selective with what you have run at startup.

sassan 05-06-07 09:14

For all those who have not utilized this very nice site with its daily free softwares to be activated on the same day to enjoy a free license, today the GiveAwayOFtheDay is a good photo editing program that gives you very easy batch file processing ability including very rapid Resizing, Watermark, etc.

LINK
Media Resizer PRO

I recommend this software to everyone here, so make sure to utilize this free gift in the next 23 hours or so for download and activation.

Again thanks Walwyn for this wonderful Link that I have got a lot of nice free goodies so far from.

sassan 05-06-07 23:03

I think link was to one page ahead of the download page.
Corrected.
Try if not yet downloaded this good free software.

Don Hoey 05-06-07 23:16

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Sassan,

Thanks for that. I just ran Norton Spyware scan. Result in attatched pic. That cookie is now gone but there is still something there as I get the prompt on each page of WPF but I can at least click YES :)

I will run a full syytem scan as that has detected other spyware before.

Thank you for that.

Don