World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   The Digital Darkroom (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   copyright symbol in photoshop (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=438)

Canis Vulpes 11-01-06 17:19

copyright symbol in photoshop

I know the copyright symbol can be generated in photoshop through a sequence of key presses but I have forgotten what they are?

Anyone know?

SharonW 11-01-06 17:26

I think it's alt0169. Possibly. That's how you do it in Word anyway.

postcardcv 11-01-06 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonW
I think it's alt0169. Possibly. That's how you do it in Word anyway.

just tried this and it seems to work - at least it does in elements.

Rob Chace 11-01-06 18:25

So.... Do you hold down alt, then type 0169? or press all at same time? Just tried it & can't get it to work on cs2.:confused:

postcardcv 11-01-06 18:36

hold down alt and then type 0169 one after the other...

Canis Vulpes 11-01-06 18:47

Thanks for the replies and I just tried it. Initially it did not work but using the number pad it does. The copyright symbol is displayed only when using the number pad and when the alt key is released.

Nigel G 11-01-06 20:48

Just for anyone else being as thick as me and not wanting to admit it - it helps if you click the text tool first !!!! :o

Jon Sharp 11-01-06 21:22

I coulsn't get it to work in my version of PS - I guess based on your comment Stephen that it only works form the numbers keypad - alas I don't have this on my laptop. The steam engine powered PC I have upstairs just collapses, straining to cope with any image file larger than 5mp.

I resolved the issue by copying it from Word and creating a saved text layer with varios suffixes which I can just drop into the image and then place with the move tool. Maybe a bit crude but it works though perhaps there is an easier way to do this with an action - another rainy day activity to research!

wolfie 11-01-06 21:43

1 Attachment(s)
I find the best way is to create a new brush with the copyright symbol alongside my name, then when my masterpiece is complete I just select the copyright brush and click on my photo. The size and colour of text can be changed to suit your particular image.

Click on attached image

Harry

Ant 11-01-06 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Sharp
I coulsn't get it to work in my version of PS - I guess based on your comment Stephen that it only works form the numbers keypad - alas I don't have this on my laptop. The steam engine powered PC I have upstairs just collapses, straining to cope with any image file larger than 5mp.

I resolved the issue by copying it from Word and creating a saved text layer with varios suffixes which I can just drop into the image and then place with the move tool. Maybe a bit crude but it works though perhaps there is an easier way to do this with an action - another rainy day activity to research!

Hi jon,

have close look at the MJKLUIO789 keys on your laptop, they should have small numbers on them too. That is the number pad on the laptop. To use press the Num lock button.

The numbers may be in a different place on your laptop.
Ant