World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   Computers and The Internet (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Internet Explorer 7 RC1 (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=1451)

Canis Vulpes 01-10-06 17:43

Internet Explorer 7 RC1

I maybe a little behind the times but I have just upgraded to Internet Explorer 7 RC1. Its seems much more efficient and allows greater screen use with little clutter or large un-used icons.

Has anyone else upgraded to this version and has anyone encountered any problems.

Stephen 01-10-06 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Fox (Post 12066)
I maybe a little behind the times but I have just upgraded to Internet Explorer 7 RC1. Its seems much more efficient and allows greater screen use with little clutter or large un-used icons.

Has anyone else upgraded to this version and has anyone encountered any problems.

I've had the IE7 Beta installed for some time. I haven't got to grips with it and consequently don't like it. Hopefully this update will be better.

TBH my browser of choice is Firefox, a much better program IMHO

Tannin 01-10-06 22:11

I honestly don't understand why anyone even bothers trying it. Even if you set the appalling security problems of this product family aside (which you certainly should not, as they are unmatched in the industry), the various IEs are years behind the leaders for usability and interface improvements, and are utterly hated within the web designer community for their non-compliance with standards and consequent rendering errors, each of which requires tedious, clumsy and expensive workarounds.

I'll have to install it and test it when it's out of beta, unfortunately, in order to see what page layout mistakes this version produces, and figure out ways to make it display the page as designed (as the modern browsers generally do as a matter of routine, no extra work required), but it's difficult to imagine this stable producing a decent browser that I'd use by choice when they have a history of producing nothing but duds.

Canis Vulpes 02-10-06 10:46

When I was younger and much more foolish I would try the latest and greatest from the likes of Netscape and Microsoft. I simply dont bother anymore but I noticed a copy and paste function from another forum had been solved in IE7 so I downloaded on the company laptop and tried it. I seems extremely easy to use allowing a user to view more of the screen than I.E 6.

The use of tabs allows multiple simultaneous sites within one occurance of the application. I can browse lots of sites and switch between them instead of back and forth on the task bar.

Favourites have been refined so they disappear off screen when a selection has been made.

I did not realize it was a beta version but I suppose 'Real Candidate 1' does suggest beta.

I assume it will be available as an automatic windows update in the fullness of time.

I must admit I dont like change but I do like this!

NickR 02-10-06 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Fox (Post 12066)

Stephen, I have not used IE for years now I only use Mozilla Firefox, I have tried IE7 but is still not as good as Firefox IMO. Give it a try you don't have to use it once installed you will be able to use either.

Cheers

yelvertoft 03-10-06 14:54

Another vote for Firefox here. Haven't bothered with IE since installing FF. Only use IE for sites (such as "Windows Updates") that simply refuse to work with FF.

Duncan

Leif 03-10-06 15:02

And yet another user of Firefox.

Leif

Chris 04-10-06 10:01

me too and as a mac user preferring FF to Safari is quite something, but then apple seem to be on a downhill slide all round, I think its called converging by PR people.

Gidders 04-10-06 18:30

I'm on Firefox since Stephen put me onto it. Only time I use IE is when I do my shopping at Asda - their site doesn't support FF :(

Saphire 04-10-06 21:29

Gidders I use firefox ver 1.5.0.7, I have no problems shopping at Asda online.