World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   WPF Photo Competitions Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   December Competiton: Vote Here (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=1775)

Canis Vulpes 01-01-07 09:45

December Competiton: Vote Here

Vote here to decide a winner for our December Freestyle competiton.

Thanks all for entering and best of luck.

Christine 01-01-07 22:29

Stephen,how do we get to see the entries,please?.

robird 01-01-07 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christine (Post 15175)
Stephen,how do we get to see the entries,please?.

Hi Christine, this would be be my way of doing it:

Go to the top of the page -> right click on ‘Gallery’ -> select ‘Open in New Window’ -> scroll down to the bottom of the new page -> click on ‘Competition Poll / Finalists ’
Now you can go back and forward between the two windows.

Hope that helps, Robert

Christine 01-01-07 23:12

thanks,Robert.

Christine 01-01-07 23:17

vote entered.thanks again Robert.

robird 01-01-07 23:59

It's a pleasure, Christine.
I just wish black and white and colour was two separate competitions. It's hard enough to make a decision as is, but having to decide between B&W and colour also... That's like two different worlds.

Snowyowl 02-01-07 14:26

Very tough decision this month. Even worse than usual. Can I vote three, no four times? Didn't think so.
One thing I've noticed several times now. When I click slide show, I only get to see about half of the entries before the slide show stops. Anyone know why?

Canis Vulpes 02-01-07 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowyowl (Post 15207)
One thing I've noticed several times now. When I click slide show, I only get to see about half of the entries before the slide show stops. Anyone know why?

The slide-show shows entries in date entered order whereas three months ago I started to produce the poll in a random order because I figured that members were waiting unless the last moments to upload their entry to be the top of the poll list. So if you click one of the early photos to view then click slide-show it is possible to have the slide-show close without showing all entries. Motivation to get entries in early ;)

In order to produce the poll I need the photo id number and title from the system and I write these in date order as its easier. I then have a list of id numbers and titles and have no idea who they belong. I then number the list going up and down the page starting anywhere down the page. This produces a totally unbiased random order for the poll which I then generate.

sassan 03-01-07 07:17

It is surely a good exercise for members to enter into competition. Its even a better practice to vote to show participation in the WPF, when members vote counts. Many photo sites let the competition vote be conducted by admins or selected groups only. Its a very nice feature of WPF that lets every member to vote.

Wish every one good luck.

Robin59 03-01-07 18:19

Is was no easy thing to decide, but finally I've chosen one because only one is allowed...

Alfred