World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   News & Views from the World of Photography (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Uploading shots are IMPOSSIBLE !! (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=3659)

mbkamrani 23-09-08 02:59

Uploading shots are IMPOSSIBLE !!

Hi Friends
Many of you know me,i have posted many shots to this lovely international photography site.Recently i noticed that i can see your shots and write my comments,but can not upload a shot,it seems that our NICE!! government has blocked posting shots to WPF too !!
I tried ANTIFILTER to overcome this problem,but could not do it....
I am writing this just to inform you how Lucky!! we are here in Iran !!
with best wishes and greetings from a BLOCKED country,Mohamad.:confused:

Canis Vulpes 23-09-08 08:51

Mohamad,

I am very sorry to hear this. Your photos are not only original but often they provide an insight to real Iran.

I am sure others feel the same way.

Birdsnapper 23-09-08 12:39

Hi Mohamad,

I agree with Foxy. We can only hope that the Iranian authorities realise that they are harming their international image by this sort of action.

Trusting that all is well with you.

yelvertoft 23-09-08 13:32

Mohamad, I too enjoy your pictures, they give a great insight into your country, they broaden my knowledge and teach me much. I hope this situation is soon resolved.

steve2005 23-09-08 14:03

What a great shame, politics screws everything up. I also learnt a lot about your country simply by looking at your photographs, I will miss them.

Chris 23-09-08 17:13

before we conclude this as definitive & government action, I see 'shahabalishahi' was posting upto yesterday, am trying to contact Mohamad by email, as others may also be

miketoll 23-09-08 19:09

Well, if it is true I am greatly saddened and feel the Iranian Authorities are doing themselves a great disservice. All the best Mohamad.

Saphire 23-09-08 19:26

Sorry to hear you can't post any of your wonderful photos of your country Mohamad, I have missed them. I do hope it can be sorted soon so you can be an active member again.
Take care.

sassan 23-09-08 20:55

I feel the same as other friends here.

Please listen carefully to Chris first. If others can send may be your computer or internet service provider are at fault. So would be good to try to send picture from a different location, say at work or a friends home. I hope that is the cause and you may need some new patch or updating your browser etc. Otherwise it is not clear to me why a Government wants to stop one person to send routine pictures when many photography sites such as Akkasee.com etc are filled with tones of images daily and are accessible from everywhere. Are you able to load picture for local sites?

Well Safety first, no matter what. And like others I am hoping you problem is solved soon and we can enjoy your very nice images again.

Chris 24-09-08 08:22

"Grapes and villagers"

am attaching a pic sent by Mohamad via email, so he is not totally razed

Perhaps a mod can push it into his gallery?