World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   The Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   FLICKr (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=8752)

Peter Waites 05-11-18 16:41

FLICKr

Further to an interesting discussion started around comments on one of "Thomas's Flies" I looked at my private Flickr (non-pro) account and found I have 1104 images on there.
No-one from Fickr has been in touch and I can't see any warning flags, for now I'll keep using it but will post here again if anything changes.:)

Peter Waites 05-11-18 16:53

Ah! Now I see it - gonna start downloading to a back up HDD I happen to have handy.

postcardcv 06-11-18 09:16

I've got over 7000 photos on there at the moment so will either need to have a good trawl through them all or sign up for a Pro account.

Peter Waites 06-11-18 10:28

I'm a member of Amazon Prime so I've rather impetuously taken them up on their free storage offer. Maybe I should give that more thought.

postcardcv 06-11-18 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Waites (Post 60269)
I'm a member of Amazon Prime so I've rather impetuously taken them up on their free storage offer. Maybe I should give that more thought.

I have Prime too but have never looked into using it for photos. I don’t used Flickr for storage but do like it as a photo sharing site and reckon it will be worth paying for. When I looked earlier I think it worked out at under £2/month.

petrochemist 08-11-18 23:38

I wouldn't dream of keeping the only copy I have of images on-line. I have deleted ~200 images from my Flickr stream to bring it under 1000. It's taken me 7 years of using flickr as my main sharing site to get to what I had, so I'm not a heavy user. Even so I'll hit the buffers again in under a year. I don't see why they don't make the limit something that increments in time for those who are an active part of their community...

Peter Waites 09-11-18 10:43

I've made a similar reduction on Flickr so now I'll keep it a bit longer. Also backed up to remote HDD and I'm using Amazon though I worry about that.

John Hallas 17-08-19 16:52

How is the Amazon Prime storage working out Peter?
I have a Prime account and was wondering about using it.

Peter Waites 17-08-19 17:29

Interesting John. It's backed up every single image on my HDD at least as far as I can tell. So if one day I was shooting in multiple frame mode and uploaded the lot I'll find them on Amazon. Plus those shots I've taken on the phone such as plumbing set ups prior to dismantling or a shot of whatever 'er indoors wants me to pick up. All that junk.
So it's a bottomless bucket.
All I do with it at the moment is open the app on my phone each day and review pictures taken on that date back over the years.
I'm sure I could retrieve pictures but I'm not clear how I'd search for them. Haven't bothered to look yet.
So I'll stick with it, Put my best "worked up" pics on Flickr and still use a back up HDD.
Hope that helps.

John Hallas 17-08-19 19:46

That helps a lot Peter, I will upload a few photos and see how it goes.
I don't even have a Flickr account.

In fact this is about the only place I show my photos.