World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   Lenses (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Fisheye Lens (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=2086)

robski 07-03-07 10:19

Fisheye Lens

A link about ultra wide and fisheye lenses

http://bobatkins.com/photography/rev...-lenses-2.html

Don Hoey 07-03-07 10:28

A good job Foxy is away Rob, or lens lust may strike again. :D

We had a play with the 10.5mm on the Nikon stand at Focus On Imaging. Very impressive and I have the pics taken with it on my pc.

Don

sassan 08-03-07 21:06

As an owner of Peleng, I must admit this baby is just for anyone with interest in fish eye. A must to have. It is unbelievability cheap for quality, really fun to picture with adequate sharpness. The only defect this lens has is poor coating so if you point it toward a light source you get a good amount of flair(A lot of time, difficult to avoid this as almost what you see in your visual field and beyond are included in the field of view of this lens).
It is has tank quality (I can confirm this after one drop of lens, falling with glass side on the rock and not even showing a sign of scratch...).
No mater what, fish eye photography is one of the most interesting part of photography and now the post processing de-fishing or softwares that permit you to join two (One image in either opposite direction from the same point of view), 180 degree field of view image (8mm lens on a full frame) to create a virtual real image that you can turn the point of view in every direction side to side or up and down make this aspect of photography even more interesting.

alvinsclee 28-03-07 16:27

I have the Peleng 8mm too :) This is a perfect lens for whole-sky astrophotography because of its 180 degree field coverage. I won't sell this must-have fisheye lens. The other fisheye lens to collect would be the Zenitar 16mm.

Canis Vulpes 28-03-07 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Hoey (Post 18041)
A good job Foxy is away Rob, or lens lust may strike again. :D

We had a play with the 10.5mm on the Nikon stand at Focus On Imaging. Very impressive and I have the pics taken with it on my pc.

Don

LOL! very funny I have just logged on and was attracted to this thread immediately. :D :D

I must admit I still cannot decide between a 10.5mm fisheye or a 12-24 superwide.

An interesting overview of fisheye and superwide zooms in the link quite interesting.

Don Hoey 28-03-07 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Fox (Post 18989)
LOL! very funny I have just logged on and was attracted to this thread immediately. :D :D

That test sample still haunting you. :D

Don

Don Hoey 28-03-07 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Fox (Post 18989)
I must admit I still cannot decide between a 10.5mm fisheye or a 12-24 superwide.

Foxy, As you are going to the Trentham Gardens meet then perhaps its a good opportunity to try and hire one of each. Take only them, I know that will be hard, and you have an immediate wide angle challenge. ;)

Don

Canis Vulpes 28-03-07 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Hoey (Post 18992)
Foxy, As you are going to the Trentham Gardens meet then perhaps its a good opportunity to try and hire one of each. Take only them, I know that will be hard, and you have an immediate wide angle challenge. ;)

Don

I have thought of renting. Calumet in Nottingham hire out equipment but have not investigated. Not sure about Trentham Gardens for a trial but might be a good idea over Easter. (Whoops Trentham Gardens meet is over Easter :o )

Oh, Trial image of 10.5mm is impressive and NX is able to defish well without any real softening in the corners as reported by some commentators.

Don Hoey 28-03-07 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Fox (Post 18994)
Not sure about Trentham Gardens for a trial but might be a good idea over Easter. (Whoops Trentham Gardens meet is over Easter :o )

:D :D

This must be a plug for Christines gallery to check out potential subject matter. :)

Don

Don Hoey 28-03-07 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Hoey (Post 18995)

This must be a plug for Christines gallery to check out potential subject matter. :)

Don

There you go, I have not been paying attention. Lots of pics of Lilleshall.:o :rolleyes:

Don