World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   Photography Books & Magazines (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   AP 8th July edition, lens cloth freebie (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=1201)

Canis Vulpes 25-06-06 13:11

AP 8th July edition, lens cloth freebie

Amateur photographer 8th July edition, on sale July 4th is offering a free polyester/nylon lens cloth in a keyring pouch. Considering a Poly/Nylon lens cloth cost between £3-4, its looks like another great freebie from AP.

Christine 02-07-06 22:01

Bit of a let down ,Stephen,no different to the one I received in my specs case!!!

Canis Vulpes 07-07-06 21:26

Agreed its not a great cloth in itself but housed in a pouch I can clip to my photo bag is great as I find it such a bind to open the bag find the cloth and repeat the process in reverse to put away. The AP cloth-in-a-pouch requires only unclipping even a bind man (me) can find it fast. Clean and shoot spring to mind :)

This edition of AP is on sale until Wednesday.

Saphire 07-07-06 22:12

I have my copy with the lens cloth nifty little gift plus its a great read.

Adey Baker 08-07-06 07:10

I always buy 'AP' anyway, so the cloth is a nice little bonus - not sure that I like the idea of them putting up the cover price of the magazine on the same day as the free give-away, though!

Canis Vulpes 08-07-06 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adey Baker
I always buy 'AP' anyway, so the cloth is a nice little bonus - not sure that I like the idea of them putting up the cover price of the magazine on the same day as the free give-away, though!

I noticed the incresed cover price and thought it had gone up by 15p but when I checked against the portrait issue I realise its only gone up by 5p. From £2.10 to £2.15.

Canis Vulpes 03-08-06 16:46

I recently received an e-mail from warehouse express advertising lower pricing for SLR's and among other things I noticed a spudz lens cloth. Like the free AP one in a pouch but appears to be true microfibre available in two sizes. The best bit is they are 18% grey so can be used for exposure and white balance assistance if shooting manual. For £3.50 + p&p looks a bargain.

I might save my pocket money for a few weeks and get one :D

Wheeler 04-08-06 11:07

Thanks for the tip about the WE lenscloth, Stephen. However, if you look at the WE site you'll find that the 18% grey cloth is £8.50.

I used to subscribe to AP but lapsed my subscription as I found less and less of interest in the magazine. I also felt that Mike Maloney talked complete B******* whenever there was an aviation photo in the readers' submissions.

Canis Vulpes 04-08-06 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheeler
Thanks for the tip about the WE lenscloth, Stephen. However, if you look at the WE site you'll find that the 18% grey cloth is £8.50.

I used to subscribe to AP but lapsed my subscription as I found less and less of interest in the magazine. I also felt that Mike Maloney talked complete B******* whenever there was an aviation photo in the readers' submissions.

I was unaware you shot aviation, are we going to see some posted in our gallery?

Wheeler 04-08-06 11:29

One of these days I'll get round to posting some.