World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   The Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Detail from Nikon D810 (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=7931)

andy153 15-08-14 09:42

Detail from Nikon D810

3 Attachment(s)
Hi folks, here are three shots from the Nikon D810. The first is the original shot. The second is cropped as you can see and converted to B&W. The third one I used the detail extractor filter (Part of the Color EfEx 4 from Nik Software) to see what had been recorded.
I have to admit that I have always been a fan of modification filters - even in my old wet darkroom days I was always experimenting with different effects.

miketoll 16-08-14 11:35

How does it compare to the 800 or 800E, noticbly more detail or do you only see a slight improvement only observable with care at 100%? Just curious.

andy153 17-08-14 01:15

Mike, my other was the D800. The 810 provides detail you would never imagine. For me it is the most detail providing camera I have ever used. I have used medium format in the past - Rollei, Mamiya & Hasselblad and in MHO it knocks them all into a cocked hat :)

miketoll 17-08-14 21:14

Sounds fantastic. Just keep repeating "I don't want one, I don't want one, I don't want one...............:D

Gidders 18-08-14 01:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by miketoll (Post 55895)
Sounds fantastic. Just keep repeating "I don't want one, I don't want one, I don't want one...............:D

I think you mean 'I want one' but I don't need one ;)

miketoll 18-08-14 18:22

That word "need" is a dangerous one that my wife uses occasionally! :D
No I don't want one because I am not starting another system, if Canon bring out an equivalent I will be sorely tempted.......

Birdsnapper 18-08-14 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gidders (Post 55896)
I think you mean 'I want one' but I don't need one ;)

Sorry, Clive, but I don't understand what you mean by "I don't need."

My old Canon 20D was huge and heavy with enormous lens. I didn't want a new camera, but absolutely, without any shadow of a doubt, needed a smaller lighter camera. and so i bought a Pany GH2 and lens.

Then, a couple of years later, I didn't want a new camera, but really needed one to kick-start my photography, which was in the doldrums. I needed a camera that delivered excellent image quality but light and small enough to carry with me at all times, so I bought a Fuji X100s.

So you see, photographers never want a new camera, but always need one!

andy153 19-08-14 20:03

And now I have just had a recall of my camera by Nikon as it has a manufacturing fault :eek::p:(

miketoll 19-08-14 20:12

:eek::(:eek:

This the problem?

"We have received a few reports from some users of the Nikon D810 digital SLR camera indicating that noise (bright spots) are sometimes noticeable in long exposures, and in some images captured at an Image area setting of 1.2× (30×20).
After looking into the matter, we have determined that some noise (bright spots) may on occasion be noticeable when shooting long exposures, and in images captured at an Image area setting of 1.2× (30×20).
Nikon service centers will service these cameras that have already been purchased as needed free of charge to the customer. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused."

Sorry to hear it whatever it is Andy. Hopefully you will get a quick turnaround.

andy153 19-08-14 22:15

Yes Mike - That's the problem. I recently had a Dyson fan that was recalled and they sent me a free box to return the item for service. Are Nikon going to do the same thing I wonder? Will they keep it for a long time as they usually do??