World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   Cameras (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Bad Weather (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=1802)

prostie1200 09-01-07 10:08

Bad Weather

1 Attachment(s)
Am getting so frustrated with this weather front, since my new camera was delivered -Nothing but Rain and No Light.

In desperation I took this shot of a woody - through the closed bedroom window.

D200, ISO 1000, 1/30 at f4.8, 340mm at 78ft distance, yes even at iso1000 and with the lens wide open could only get 1/30.

Just thought I would share this shot with you.

nldunne 09-01-07 10:23

Blue Ribbon light level and texture in this one. You have my absolute fav light = when it is low. My tonal range is far superior here than in sun - much to people's anger for lack of brightness.

Do NOT feel depressed about this light level. Use it to your advantage and get a long tonal range.

Norm D

robski 09-01-07 10:40

Brian I share your frustration - VERY good effort under next to impossible conditions. Norm it's easy to tell your not a bird photographer. The light we are having currently is even useless for landscape. At home we've had to have the light on indoors during most of the day light hours which is very unusually for this time of year.

Saphire 09-01-07 10:52

Nice one Prostie a good photo considering the weather conditions. Hopefully soon it will start to brighten and then we want to see lots of photos with your new camera.

Christine 10-01-07 23:57

Brian ,at least you have a Woodie visiting your feeders,very good.A few more weeks,the birds will be ready to build their nests,lots of species around to take shots,the weather will be improving,and the Swallows will arrive,roll on Spring!!

prostie1200 12-01-07 09:42

Hi Christine - agree with you 100% roll on Spring - the weather man has promised us a break in the clouds on Sunday next - lets hope he's right.

Meanwhile, yesterday, two - yes two huge Green woodies used the same tree in our garden, did'nt have a camera to hand, but am hoping they make a habit of visiting.

Brian

Epona 12-01-07 12:55

Wish I got woodies in my garden, it's your fault for buying a new camera is it, it's always the case you get new kit and the weather is bad. Only joking. My hubby brought a new telescope and waited ages for a clear night. Like you I'm really getting depressed with our current weather situation. Forgotten was sunshine feels like.:)

Saphire 12-01-07 13:04

Ange I had a woody in mine this morning but its not a clear picture.

Snowyowl 12-01-07 13:59

If it makes any of you feel better, Spring here is still at least three months away. Last frost date is in late June. Mind you, the mild weather we've been having makes it seem as though Spring might be here already, lots of tree and shrubs budding out.

anthony.rowell 16-01-07 17:28

You can get some nice shots in the rain but jyst be careful !rain on leaves on flowers on metal gates on leaves puddles with reflection anr rain falling on them put a pair of coloured wellie's in the puddle may be a child in them photo of some one or one,s walking with a colourful brolly in the rain !there is no end to it ! cheers.Tony.