World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   Games - Photography related of course (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   proverbs or sayings (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=8248)

sassan 31-03-16 01:04

BTW this is not
L + O + X
to say something like "Lux"?

Tugboat 07-04-16 22:08

looks like we need another clue for this, I have no idea!!

postcardcv 07-04-16 22:48

It is a saying that is used a lot in my house but maybe less so elsewhere... One that a Star Wars fan might well get! I'll leave it for another day and then post the answer.

postcardcv 11-04-16 18:05

Apologies for my one, clearly too geeky for the forum. The answer was a classic piece of advice from Yoda...

"Do or do not, there is no try"

The lens is (as was spotted) a Canon 400mm DO (do), next was a donut (do not), lastly was a rugby referee signally that it wasn't a try (no try). Contrived and nerdy... Over to someone else who has a more sensible please!

Tugboat 15-04-16 23:06

1 Attachment(s)
sorry Peter, I looked up quotes from star wars,didn't find that one, never watched all of a star wars movie so I had no hope...

I think this may be a bit too easy....hope I haven't already added this one!!!

Tugboat 06-05-16 11:30

anyone want to have a go at guessing proverb game?????

Peter Waites 30-05-17 09:28

Always up for that Trena:). I'm away next week tho' but can try and keep up on my phone. (Just thinking - maybe it would get more views in the general forum?)

sassan 30-05-17 14:42

Peter: You are spot on. I have seen Trena's "proverbs or sayings" puzzle, now only after almost a full year, that is after your post, generated and email to me! And I thought I am frequent these threads.
Location of the game in this "Thread" section of Home is good, if we had a large traffic. The suggestion is really good and if the game is more visible, say being continued in Gallery, with a title of "Game", then it may receive a more encounter and participation.

As for this one, Trena, is it: "Time is Money"?

Tugboat 02-06-17 03:42

yes,that is correct Sassan, must admit I had totally forgotten about this game, must be months since I put that up there...
just read a bit more...12 months since then!!!

sassan 03-06-17 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tugboat (Post 59396)
yes,that is correct Sassan, must admit I had totally forgotten about this game, must be months since I put that up there...
just read a bit more...12 months since then!!!

Yes and if it wasn't email I got, from Peter's post, I wouldn't be here either!
Anyways, I am going to try the continuation of this game in Gallery, as I am in same boat as Peter and lets see if there is more participation and encounters, if in Gallery. My entry is quit easy and here is the L I N K to the game in gallery.