World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   The Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What is your camera? (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=4915)

Paul-Boyle 03-09-09 16:13

Hi Ya

ive just bought myself the canon 1000D with ef-s 18 - 55 mm lens.
ATB Paul

Benjamin Kanarek 11-09-09 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy153 (Post 38641)
4 Cameras, 20 plus lenses, I don't take pictures any more - I spend all my time deciding what to take with me - and when I've made my mind up it's time for bed :D

Now that IS really Funny:D:D:D

I have all kinds of stuff to take "Pitchers"

deci 11-09-09 16:40

I got a Canon 30D and a couple of glass things that go on the front and a very shiny thing that fits on top sometimes or off to one side. The 30D was good enough when I bought it, so can't see any reason why it's not good enough now. ( I know that wasn't the question, but just threw it in anyway :p) :cool:

Joe 11-09-09 20:53

I used to have some of it in my signature, but have since given up that idea.....far too distracting whilst posting. I've mainly used Nikon gear with some Contax staying the distance (Nikon D2 series kit at the mo), but lots used in the past, some of which I miss, some not (carting an old Linhof up castle hill, Huddersfield, springs to mind!)..... in fairness though, cameras still do get in the way of photography all to often!....I recently put down the gadgets and put a roll of HP5 film through a £5 junk Kiev19 I wouldn't have dared sell at work, but enjoyed it thoroughly.

Alex1994 14-09-09 16:35

OK, here goes...more cameras than skill here, but nonetheless:

Olympus Trip 35
Yashica Electro 35 GT
Minox 35 GSE
Canon EOS 30 with Tamron 24-135mm
Leica R3 with Summicron 50mm

...looking into buying another camera!

Fixer 14-09-09 23:54

My first DSLR was a 400D, I then thought the 40D would be better so got this, can’t remembers some of the lenses but must have paid a couple of grand for them :(
WHO!! mentioned DSLR!! I was quit happy with my FZ50 lol
Still got all of them :)

Jim

Benjamin Kanarek 19-09-09 12:10

The Difference Between a Fuji Disposable Camera and...

I have a Fuji disposable cardboard and plastic camera, but with built in flash. It comes with 27 exposures. I am at exposure 9, so it should be good for a couple of more years.

I love the solid feel of it. It has a wonderful 3 element f11.0 plastic non-coated lens, manual rotary film advance and on/off flash switch and that lovely huge FUJI LOGO on a green shiny cardboard background. I really love the way they highlight the black plastic where it act as a visual frame for the graphics of the package. What really is disappointing though is the fact that once all of the film is shot, you have to take it to a store and they break it open like a chestnut. I mean, paying €2,59 and having to destroy this beauty is scandalous at best.

It is like going out and buying a €1500 digital camera and having to get rid of it in 2 years....Hey wait a second...There is NO difference! They are both disposable.

yelvertoft 20-09-09 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Kanarek (Post 38959)
It is like going out and buying a €1500 digital camera and having to get rid of it in 2 years....Hey wait a second...There is NO difference! They are both disposable.

The difference is, no-one forces you to dispose of the €1500 dSLR.

Benjamin Kanarek 20-09-09 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by yelvertoft (Post 38971)
The difference is, no-one forces you to dispose of the €1500 dSLR.

Buyers addiction, when a new model comes out is a difficult malady to overcome.;)

blackmarlin 20-09-09 21:53

Buy the best you can afford, then when it doesn't do the intended job it os the time to complain.

I have a Nikon D70S and a Nikon D300.

Alan