World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   The Digital Darkroom (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   help with a Photoshop problem pleas (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=1266)

hughredcanary 19-07-06 16:04

help with a Photoshop problem pleas

Can you help me with a Photoshop problem pleas sum times when I open a photo in Photoshop cs2 and try to use the clone stamp tool I click on sample and the curser should change to a transparent cercal of a selected size, but it dissent I always do it I can use the clone tool normally with other photos, but now and again the same thing happens Iv had this problem before but I cant remember how I salved it is the a way to set the tools back to default if sow how
I hop I’m making sense
hugh

Saphire 19-07-06 16:56

Hugh once the tool is opened, press the alt key to get the sample area, then rather than press on the brush to resize. I press the [ key to reduce and ] key to enlarge, this is a quicker way of resizing the tool. It works for any of the tools.

Andy 19-07-06 17:23

Make sure you don't have caps-lock activated, that kills the brush size circle and just turns it into a small target cursor.

hughredcanary 19-07-06 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy
Make sure you don't have caps-lock activated, that kills the brush size circle and just turns it into a small target cursor.

saphire andy thank you

Canis Vulpes 19-07-06 19:39

Quote:

Thanks so much for that Andy, I had noticed at times the expected brush symbol had changed to a target but did not know what was the cause. I imagined I was pushing the computer too much and it was simply 'one of those things'. Toggling the caps lock switches between target and normal brush size. I must have been catching the cap lock key inadvertently thinking the computer was at fault then rebooting!! - LOL :o

Andy 20-07-06 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Fox
Thanks so much for that Andy, I had noticed at times the expected brush symbol had changed to a target but did not know what was the cause. I imagined I was pushing the computer too much and it was simply 'one of those things'. Toggling the caps lock switches between target and normal brush size. I must have been catching the cap lock key inadvertently thinking the computer was at fault then rebooting!! - LOL :o

Don't talk to me about accidentally having the caps lock active... not being a touch typer, it the bane of my life. Typing out an e-mail or something and then looking up to see I've typed it all in caps :mad:

When the air turns blue while I'm on the pc, it's usually down to one reason.

cheers
Andy

rogerscoth 15-08-06 18:28

Quote:

Don't talk to me about accidentally having the caps lock active... not being a touch typer, it the bane of my life. Typing out an e-mail or something and then looking up to see I've typed it all in caps :mad:

When the air turns blue while I'm on the pc, it's usually down to one reason.

cheers
Andy

There is usually an answer to most problems somewhere Andy, and I found this among some MS Word tips on :-
http://nlcommunities.com/communities...gory/4312.aspx
(Assuming that you have MS Word, just copy your text into Word, then alter as described, and then copy back into your e-mail edit area - quicker than re-typing!)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
hAVE YOU EVER BEEN TYPING OR SEEN CHILDREN WORKING AND ALL THEIR WORK LOOKS LIKE THIS?

This is because the "caps lock" key has been pressed accidentally

If your word processor does this, check that you have “auto-correct” on

It is found in the tools menu under auto correct optionsMake sure there is a tick beside correct accidental use of cAPS LOCK key

Most people would simply delete the text and start again.

BUT – there is a trick to fix it

1 Simply select (block) the text that is wrong

2 Hold down the shift key ( the one on the LHS with the arrow pointing up)

3 Press the F3 key at the top

4 If you continue to hold the shift key down and tap the F3 key, the text will change from upper to lower case and then to lower case with a capital

5 Also a good way to capitalise titles easily
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hope this is of some help - Roger

Ke1th 17-08-06 20:23

Thanks for the tip Roger....save me having to type stuff out again