World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   WPF Photo Competitions Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Fortnightly Challenge 12th August to midnight 26th August - Rock (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=7558)

postcardcv 12-08-13 16:29

Fortnightly Challenge 12th August to midnight 26th August - Rock

Fortnightly Challenge 12th August to midnight 26th August - Rock

Was wanting to stick with the recent themes but earth sounds a bit tricky so have gone for "Rock" instead

Fortnightly Challenge is open to all members of WPF. The challenge will be run on (GMT) time.

Post your photo in this thread any time from 12th August to midnight 26th August.

Then a 3 day poll will be placed in this thread for voting on the photo you like best in this challenge.

Please give your photo a title.

The winner picks a challenge for the following fortnight and starts a new thread... in case of a draw the majority of members are happy with the 1st entry to start up the new challenge, which saves us having to do another vote.

1. One photo per member
2. To be taken during period stated above
3. The photo must include exif data with date and time
4. Post your entry as one attachment directly in this thread
5. No discussion of entries in the thread
6. Do not post any entries in the gallery until after the voting has finished

To create a poll :
* go to top of thread and in Thread Tools press 'Add a poll to this thread'.
[note: only the starter of this thread can see this option.]
* In the update options box change the number 2 to how many have entered.
* In each box put the title of the entered photos.
* In close poll, put 3 days.
* Submit new poll.

Arthur53 17-08-13 14:21

Morning sun

1 Attachment(s)
Up and out early for the sunrise.:)

Peter Waites 26-08-13 09:25

Well -

1 Attachment(s)
It Rocks---------------------------------------

Gidders 26-08-13 16:16

Scotch on the Rocks

1 Attachment(s)
Make mine a large one :)

DigiDiva 27-08-13 13:20

I missed the deadline, took the photo in time but didn't post it in time. darn it!!!!

Peter Waites 27-08-13 15:55

Well postcard ain't closed it yet. Publish and be damned I say!!!

Arthur53 27-08-13 16:14

Agree with Peter. Enter it.

DigiDiva 27-08-13 18:57

1 Attachment(s)
16 Carat Rock With Added Sparkle

DigiDiva 27-08-13 18:58

Done - thanks guys. Bit of a minimalist entry this time.

DigiDiva 27-08-13 21:50

Its such a shame that entry numbers are so low on here. I have a suggestion that might help pull in some interest but Im new here, don't want to rock any boats or come across as a bit mouthy.

The whole point of these forums for me, is to learn, show off your new skills, your talent, your work...But also find out what other people thinks of your work, in a nice, helpful way of course. This helps you learn and improve in the future. The comps give you a theme and a chance to express yourself.

For me, if I was to receive feedback (critique) it would be helpful for the future. How about introducing critique where we comment about the image above and below our entry? If you are first, your up would be the last entry and if you are last, your down would be the 1st entry. Make sense?

Please be honest, if you think my idea is pants, just say but who doesn't want to know what people thinks about their entry?