World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   Photographic Accessories (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Any Ideas? (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=2832)

Lello 01-11-07 22:32

Any Ideas?

I have just been given a flash bracket that has a hot-shoe mount for an off camera flash unit, My problem is that I want to use the my Nikon SB-800 with my SC-28 lead, the lead has a screw mount at the bottom so I can't attach lead to the bracket,:confused: My question is, is there some sort of unit that will fit into the hot-shoe bracket that has a screw at the top that can be can screwed into the bottom of the SC-28 lead, If not, any Ideas?
Thanks

Lello 02-11-07 18:47

2 Attachment(s)
As I haven't had any response's to my dilemma I can only assume that I didn't explain my self properly:confused:
So here are some photo's to help out.

The first shows the bottom of the SC-28 lead with screw thread,

The Second shows the Flash bracket (with hot-shoe)

Question: Is there any way I can attach the lead the flash bracket?
Again
Thanks

yelvertoft 02-11-07 20:10

Lello,

Can you see any way of removing the block on the top of the flash bracket?

Duncan

Lello 02-11-07 21:15

1 Attachment(s)
Yes Duncan, It has a bolt going though to allow it to tilt, But I'm left with a rounded bracket that can't be removed (see photo)

Don Hoey 03-11-07 13:26

Lello,

I have had a quick net rummage but I did not see anything. Not that I really expected to.

I will get the workshop fired up ................ I'll let you know how we are getting on.

That looks to be a very useful bracket. A whole view would be nice.

Don

Lello 03-11-07 15:29

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Don
Here is a full shot of the bracket, It folds in half as well:)
I'm thinking that I will need a block (maybe aluminum) that will fit into the hot shoe that is about 1/2" high that I can drill and counter sink hole at the bottom so when fitting a screw it will be flush at the bottom (so it will slide on/off) and then somehow fit a screw :confused:
We off to London now to see a show so will catch up with you sometime tomorrow. I will try and draw diagram to show you what I mean
Thanks again Don

Don Hoey 03-11-07 20:14

1 Attachment(s)
Lello, I hope you enjoyed the show. :)

Never fear no drilling will be required. I am having to use steel as I have no ally and very little brass. As the bracket appears to give you movement in the vertical axis my little attachment will add horizontal axis 360deg.

Attatched is a pic of the base. Foxy will recognise this and know how the top will be.

Don

Canis Vulpes 04-11-07 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Hoey (Post 24307)
Attached is a pic of the base. Foxy will recognise this and know how the top will be.
Don

Indeed I can see how its forming. The cups are excellent and allow precise angular movement.

Lello 04-11-07 15:15

Hi Don
First thing, The show was absolutely fantastic, If any of you are interested and if you only ever see one show, "Lord of the Rings" is a must. It was brilliant, I'd not read the book or seen the film so I didn't know what to expect, The stage scenery,lighting,music and costumes were a sight to see,
Tina and me have a seen a few shows, but this is the best by far.
Right, now I've given the show a good plug, down to business.
Am I right in thinking that I fit a screw to the bottom of the SC-28 and drop it into the hole at the top of your attachment and secure it with the brass bolt? If so, what diameter is the hole on you attachment because I have a old mini tripod and I was going to use the screw part.

Canis Vulpes 04-11-07 15:31

If I am right, a centre bobbin will fill the cup as shown in Dons photo. On the bobbin there will be through its centre a bolt which will mate with the SC-28. This bobbin can be turned and tightened by the brass knurled bolt shown in Don's photo.