World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   WPF Photo Competitions Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   August Competition: Vote Here (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=1382)

Canis Vulpes 01-09-06 06:46

August Competition: Vote Here

Vote here to decide a winner of our August photo competition.

Click HERE to see the whole field of entries

Best of luck to all who entered

Saphire 01-09-06 09:27

I have cast my vote, very difficult to choose out of my three favourites, but went for one that is a little different.

Don Hoey 01-09-06 10:17

A very difficult choice as there are some great images and only one vote. So well done to all the other entries.

Don

Snowyowl 01-09-06 12:44

Excellent array of pictures. The wide variaty of subjects makes an interesting competition. Well done everyone!

sassan 01-09-06 22:17

Agree with above posters.
Nice subject for competition, nice images.
Well done all.

Christine 01-09-06 22:47

vote cast.Good luck to the finalists.

Snowyowl 02-09-06 13:15

I noticed something that seems a bit something odd to me. Some entries are getting looked at well over 150 times while others are only being looked at 20 or so times. It doesn't seem as if all the shots are getting looked at by some voters. Strange!

sassan 02-09-06 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowyowl
I noticed something that seems a bit something odd to me. Some entries are getting looked at well over 150 times while others are only being looked at 20 or so times. It doesn't seem as if all the shots are getting looked at by some voters. Strange!

I don't know if this is a right place to bring it up or not but I have noticed every time I see my own pictures, there is one more visitor added to my number that actually is fallacious. I would like to see the WPF software has a cookie incorporated (Like many other sites) that makes the returning visitor not be counted as a new visitor. As especially if I relay on number of visitors as an indicator to interest in my image, the number is biased by the number of returning visitors and also may be if I have any interest, I may click on refresh 100 times, and sharp eyes of Snowyowl will spot that instantly (As total number of voters are not much different from 20). On a side note, so far (As I remember since being a member) result as seen from this month's competition as well, looks very fair, with image with merit being the lead all the time, indicative of democracy is prevailed and majority rules.

Admins please excuse me for bringing critiques to software, but I have no intention but to see this nice site better than before... in other word keeping better, betterer...

sassan 04-09-06 08:38

Just a suggestion;
Snowyowl's point is well valid. Does all voters look at every image before voting?
How about giving a chance (Not obligation) for every voter to receive a menu asking if she/he wants to see the slide show of every entry before voting. If answered yes, then set the time and seat and enjoy all pictures or if too many, far above the set limit, then see the final selections for voting. Of course if voter has already checked the entries then get the permission to go to voting directly without software stopping him from voting before finishing the slide show.

Canis Vulpes 07-09-06 12:26

Well, after a week of voting we have four entries with a clear chance of winning. If you have not already cast your vote, please take the time to do so.