World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   Computers and The Internet (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I made a boo boo (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=1340)

KC Foggin 14-08-06 12:24

I made a boo boo

While trying to insert the copyright symbol on a pic in photoshop I apparently hit some wrong keys. Now when I hit the proper sequence of Alt 0,1,6,9 I keep getting a succession of different letters in the alphabet and it might even be in a different language.:(

Surely, other than a system restore to an earlier date, there has got to be an easier way to reset this option?

Canis Vulpes 14-08-06 13:19

Is it possible to copy and paste these letters into a post below?

KC Foggin 14-08-06 15:43

Don't know Stephen. I'll certainly try when I get in this evening. Thanks.

Chris 15-08-06 13:18

can't you just bin and then re-install Photoshop? or is it that that would lose your 1001 preference settings

robski 15-08-06 14:20

Chris it is most unlikely photoshop will be the problem.

A common mistake is that the Alt key is not held down whilst the number keys are pressed.

It is possible that the font selected does not contain the required symbol.

Also check in Windows Control Panel - Keyboard settings - the Input Locales maybe set to some other langauge.

Another way to get a symbol is to copy and paste via Start Menu -> Programs -> Accessories -> System tools -> Character Map

KC Foggin 15-08-06 17:12

I wound up restoring to a day before I made the mistake and that set it right. Of course, I had to reinstall another program that I had installed in the meantime but all is well and back to normal.

nirofo 16-08-06 02:15

A word to the wise, if you are using Symantec Norton Antivirus and or Firewall, make sure you disable them before doing a restore to an earlier date. In my case, if you don't Win XP will go through the motions of restoring, but when you re-boot you find it has not restored! Not sure if the same applies to other antivirus software.

nirofo.

affirmation 18-08-06 10:06

Just a quick note - particularly for those using their pcs as a digital darkroom where every drop of performance is needed to stop the whole rendering process from driving you insane - never ever use Norton products. The system resources they churn up can turn a state of the art machine to a P1 350 equivalent lol For some they like it cuz its so easy to use and often dont realise the loss of performance but removing it and switching to something like kaspersky will give a whole new refreshing lease of life to the machine, AVG is also an excellent free AV programme.

KC Foggin 18-08-06 20:14

Well, I guess I won't be renewing Norton in 31 days. Thanks for this.

affirmation 19-08-06 02:05

pleasure, but remember just not renewing wont remove it. it is a bugger to remove to say the least. but once done and a competent AV programme is installed you will never go back! :)