World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   Cameras (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Best Camera For Photography (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=6636)

flintheart 13-06-11 12:54

Best Camera For Photography

Hey Guys.. I want to buy a camera, for professional Photography, I have researched in the market, and came up with 2 final options. The first is Nikon D3100 Digital Camera and second is Sony Alpha DSLR-A55/SLT-A55V.. Which one to go for. .any suggestion pros?

Wedding Photography Cheshire

byteme 13-06-11 16:28

As a "Canon" user I can't advise you on the two you've selected but just wanted to state its the LENS that makes the difference.
A medium dSLR with great lens will take great photos (if the photographer is up to it!)
A top notch camera with kit lens may not...................
Spend your £$£$£$£ on the lens...............

Alex1994 13-06-11 17:05

'The Best Camera for Photography' - what, as opposed to the best camera for glass-blowing?

As John says the lenses are far more important than the body. Proportion your budget appropriately.

robski 13-06-11 17:43

I take it your not Sarah McDonnell using a Canon 5D Mk2 plus L lens with award winning photos ?

If so I somewhat surprised your asking the question.

postcardcv 15-06-11 00:37

What sort of pro photography are you looking to do? Different cameras will do the job best in different areas. To be honest I don't think that any of the cameras you've mentioned would be classed as pro cameras...

Birdsnapper 15-06-11 08:49

If you have to ask the question, you won't understand the answer.

Gidders 15-06-11 21:10

Dont know about the Sony, but the Nikon is their entry level dSLR, although none the less capable at its price point ... but hardly a pro camera.

You really need to clarify your thinking on what "professional photography" means to you and what your likely subjects are. I recommend reading this thread here

craig 18-06-11 13:01

I totally agree the Lens is the most important thing.

byteme 22-06-11 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by flintheart (Post 48949)
Hey Guys.. I want to buy a camera, for professional Photography, I have researched in the market, and came up with 2 final options. The first is Nikon D3100 Digital Camera and second is Sony Alpha DSLR-A55/SLT-A55V.. Which one to go for. .any suggestion pros?

Wedding Photography Cheshire

What seems really strange to me is you seem to be bombarding numerous forums with this same ......... *cough cough* scam

i.e Your IP is registered at Photozo and use the same tactics.

If thats the case - I kinda think it is - then its a poor way of spam advertising in my book.................. Sarah :-)
Regards
John

jser 19-07-11 19:41

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, a *^(*(( plying for trade, I see

Anyone notice the white round the grooms head was he decapitated or was he added later in Photoshop in her advert