Thread: please respond
View Single Post
Old 22-07-06, 11:37

Default please respond

ok .. i dont know how to say all these things, but i will attempt to voice an opinion on matters which concern me.
I have concerns on this site regarding the opportunities which this web site has given us (people interested in photography) - which are huge.
I feel there is a lack of energy and discussion about the pictures that people post, is this site just for placing our efforts and people from where-ever just browsing and then leave without leaving something of their thoughts and opinions. Or is this a place in which great things regarding photography can be digested and expressed and debated.
Sometimes i take a picture and i dont know whether it is any good or not, so i post some undecided pics hoping for some honest critique and realise that the critique forum is not a bustling place filled with ideas and opinions... why?

what is the function of this site?
How do i become a better photographer?
i believe there has been enormous efforts on behalf of the people who created this place, giving us the opporunities to discuss and present work, so bettering our ideas of what works and what doesnt work in the world of photography.

is this web site a place for polite infrequent conversations, where anonymous ghostly photographers visit and dissapear without leaving a mark or comment?

TO CONCLUDE
This is a place where valued opinions potentially exist
this site to me is a place where i try out new ideas and really want opinions on what i place on view, i dont mind and welcome harsh critique. I wish people hung about more and ventured deep into the forums where things could be discussed in depth ... this site is brilliant, the opportunities are enormous, it just seems very ephemeral and transitory ... anonymous people placing anonymous pictures.

Last edited by purplebyron; 22-07-06 at 11:42.