Thread: please respond
View Single Post
Old 27-07-06, 22:06

How many of us think they have taken a perfect shot ? I know for sure I am not in that group. I see fault to various degrees in all my shots. I try and learn from my mistakes and hope not to repeat them.

As Stephen rightly says the gallery is free webspace to share images. In my darkroom days I used to pin up prints on the wall at work. firstly to add interest to the wall and give pleasure to those who appreciated them. I view the gallery in the same way and I like to post some of my better efforts at the end of the day. Some of which maybe a talking point or not. In a Public gallery one often just studies an image without comment. I tend to take note of the number of views as opposed to comments to gauge how effective the image has been to the viewer.

Recently at work I has some bird shots on the wall and they attracted the attention of an engineer/sales rep. It turned out his was a keen birder and knew Nigel Blake. So we ended up taking about Nigel for 15 minutes.

My POV for the "Keep or Bin" concept is for those images you don't have the heart to bin. Normally I only spend upto 5 minutes Post processing an image and if I have had spend longer than that and the image is not to my liking I normally just bin it. On the otherhand I've had one or two images where I have battled with over many weeks and I still can't make my mind wether to bin or not. Then one thinks is it a duff image or am I giving it the wrong treatment. Maybe somebody else knows how to pull the rabbit out of the hat.

-----------------------------------------------------
Solar powered Box Brownie Mk2

Captain Sunshine, to be such a man as he, and walk so pure between the earth and the sea.

WPF Gallery
Birdforum Gallery
http://www.robertstocker.co.uk updated

Last edited by robski; 27-07-06 at 22:16.