Thread: DIY Ringflash
View Single Post
Old 03-01-07, 15:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
Don if you can get hold of that aluminium tape its brilliant I only paid a £1 for a 10 mtr roll at a pound shop and I have hardly used any. The only thing I may change if I find something better and that is the front opaque bit I think a whiter one maybe better thats where the tuppaware type of containers come in they have a lid.
Christine,

Initial thought were the bowl shaped one in yesterdays pic but you are probably right and the replacement for my acid bath, ( the one with the lid ), is looking ever more attractive. If you look at the head on pic you can see a crinkly finished surface ring round the outside.

If you want to try something else that I have not yet had a go with, try lining the bowl with printer paper. The light will be softer than from foil buy you should not need extra diffusion. Reduced reflectivity will probably cost you 1/2 a stop.

If you did not use additional diffusion on the posted pic then I don't think you have much to worry about, as those petals would have shown harshness if it was there.

I must go and eat then ....................... PLAY

Don