View Single Post
Old 11-02-07, 01:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
Thanks walwyn I will send it to them and see what they say.
nirofo my only concern in having to do a re-install is if it doesn't make any difference and it still keeps coming up with the warning after. that is how I have my virus checker set up to stop anything from going out.

One thing you haven't made clear Saphire, do you have a good firewall installed? In my opinion you need a good firewall, antivirus and anti spyware running constantly in the background.

If you do a hard disk reformat and a clean reinstall of XP there should be no nasty stuff left on your computer at all !! Having said that, if you have more than one hard drive in your computer from which you run your software (not your XP operating system), save your e-mails and documents etc, then you need to make sure that you do a complete scan for virus and spyware on all partitions of these extra disks. Make sure your internet connection is disabled first. If it's possible for you to save all your photo's, e-mails and documents to a DVD or an external hard drive, then you can reformat all the drives on your computer leaving it totally infection free. Once you have rebooted your operating system on a clean drive you need to disable windows firewall, install your own firewall, antivirus and anti spyware. Before you install any other software you must update your protection software with the latest updates, do a full computer scan after all your software is installed.

Depending on how much software you have to reinstall, you can do all this in about half a day, (I have loads of software to install and half a day is about right for me), including tweaking the system the way you like it, one thing to look out for, make sure you have all your hardware drivers to hand, windows doesn't have every one built in. If you have a spare computer it may be wise to download any hardware drivers you need before you do the reinstall. A good place for drivers at this web address. http://www.driverguide.com/

You'll have to register, but it's painless.

I don't know what level of computer expertise you have, but if you need any help just PM me.

nirofo.