View Single Post
Old 27-06-07, 22:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
The 5.7 megapixel D1x is around £400 at the cheapest S/H price I've seen...Not the highest megapixel DSLR around, but really quick. (it's a pro spec body, based on the Film F5 counterpart, so there's some really battered ones around, as well as good well looked after ones)
Interestingly, D100's tend to fetch the same sort of money. I believe these also use CompactFlash cards. However, D40,D50 and D80's are no go as they use SD cards.(which you can't get xD adapters for)
The D1x is one I would possibly like to get my hands on some time in the future, for the same reasons as you.
First off yes both the D100 and D1X use Compact flash cards. D1X is 5.7mp but in NC4.4 or NX these can be upsized to 10mp as it has a rather different sensor. Image quality from the D1X is reckoned to exceed that from the D100. At the time of release the D1X was £3500 rising to £3900 against the D100 at £1600 falling to £1200.

D100 advantages over the D1X. Built in pop up flash, incredible battery life and for those that have no experience of an F2, light weight. Battery grip optional.

D1X advantages over the D100 ............. well lots really, but I just could not afford one at the time. The only real downside of the D1X is battery life. A spare is really needed. I think its about 500 shots per charge whereas the D100 is loads more.

Don