View Single Post
Old 15-01-09, 17:17

Thanks, Don, I thought this subject matter sounded familiar....I think it was on one of the "good ol' days" threads it was discussed. Think one conclusion was that on the whole, most kit by comparison today is far better priced.
Yes, it is so easy to get all steamed up about any price rise.....I think many of us are so use to either manufacturers and/or retailers cutting their margins, that we almost come to expect prices to fall forever more. I can remember some margins on a couple of £2000 cameras being in the £50-£100 region a couple years ago.....so not much to play with! but £5000 for a body...particularly when it looks some similar to it's £2500 older brother lol (ok with a higher res sensor) is a little difficult to stomach.

I guess this also comes at a time where the digi technology curve is perhaps not so steep as it was 12 months ago too. Maybe today's £2000 camera might still be fetching a four figure tag 12 months from now?....it certainly can't be like the digi backed F90x/N90x based body I spotted on ebay and posted on the other thread. Those babies got bought by cutting edge media outlets for between £10 000 to £20 000 way back then....Last time i looked this one was selling on auction for £150!!!!!