View Single Post
Old 28-01-09, 14:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo View Post
I don't know what View NX is, but is there any point in still downloading it now?
Hondo,

After a lengthy trawl around the net I cannot really find out much detail about Picture Project. One thing I have found out is that it is not compatable with my Nikon View 6 on the same computer, so I cannot download it without uninstalling View 6.

I have however installed NX View. This program is really an image browser with very limited editing ability with nef files ( exposure compensation, white balance and through Picture Control Utility, curves and picture controls ). Picture Control Utility only functions with out of camera nef (RAW) images not Jpeg. So I think the program is OK as a browser, but it is obviously designed to be part of an integrated package with NX, which is a proper image editing program.
Should you get NX2, the image editing program then you might consider it worthwhile having. I have NX2 but I use the browser built into that.

I have attatched a screen shot to show where the exif info for any particular image is. I suspect Picture Project has a similar tab.

Don
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NX View.jpg (132.7 KB, 5 views)