View Single Post
Old 26-03-09, 17:43
Super Moderator

Default Looking for a small, light weight DSLR...

I'm a bit obsessive and carry a camera everywhere with me (DLSR and two lenses went shopping with me today), a 1D with lenses and a flash gun is a bit of a bulk to lug about. So I decided to get a compact (I'd not had one for a while) so bought a Panasonic TZ5 for the odd grab shot and for snaps of my kids when visiting friends. It's a nice camera but the lack of manual controls (and RAW) have been a real issue, it also have a habit of oversaturating shots (esp indoors with flash).

So I'm toying with selling it and buying either a decent compact (like a G10 or a P6000) or a small, light weight DSLR. I tried a Panasonic G1 today and was very impressed with it, the twin lens kit would be the ideal solution for me, but at nearly £700 it's a lot more than I'd like to spend. I've been offered a used (but good nick) Olympus E410 with two lenses for a reasonable price but don't know much about it. Does anyone have any experience with either the G1 or the E410 or know anyother reasonably priced DSLRs or compacts that would fit the bill?