Thread: IR on the CHEAP
View Single Post
Old 16-05-09, 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
Don. You had mentioned having a slight problem with the custom WB, (just a few seconds job on the Canon)
Harry

Harry,
I discovered that not only will the D100 not meter with my m/f lenses, but it also will not allow Custom WB. Put an a/f lens on and no probs.
My problem a/f lens wise is I only have 12-24 ( cannot use due to a hotspot ), 35mm, 85mm and 180mm. This has shown m/f lenses have advantages and disadvantages on the D100. At least with m/f I can get to 24mm.

Conditions for testing are not so good. Quite a high wind so the sun comes and goes. Difficult to get a set of directly comparable images at various WB settings. Here is my first effort though, nothing fancy just a shot over the garden fence.

This one is with Custom WB and processing is just a case of convert from RAW to Tiff, Auto levels, run the Action I refered to in post 33, resize and USM .... finished. So with easy processing I will stick with Custom WB for false colour.
Exposure on this is ISO400, 1/6sec at f8, so at least one stop less light loss than the double transparency filter.

Don
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1st false colour.jpg (173.1 KB, 12 views)