View Single Post
Old 06-07-09, 17:45

Jim,

Lights flashing before my eyes so enough for today. Two of these firing in the confines of my workshop for flash meter tests, its no wonder.

Update : Both units working off mains power.
One unit has controllable output through the remote sensor, eight stop range and that has been confirmed with a flashmeter. The slave is a full power all the time job with no facility to reduce power other than the diffuser panel which cuts one stop of light.

The battery is dead and there is a question mark over its charger . The dryfit battery is a Sonnenschein A200 8v 3.8Ah. No idea where a replacement of similar size and spec can be had nowadays. I have not tried cobbling a standard Nicad cells job as with a trigger voltage of 27.8volts it is not useable directly connected to a modern camera anyway. Power output is currently the same as a Metz 45, so one of those ( CL3 or CL4 0 with a suitable SCA unit to control the trigger voltage is a more compact powerful hammer head to attatch to a camera.

The Braun units will do a pretty good job in a controlled studio type environment though, so maybe tomorrow dependant on whats happening, I may well knock up a brolly holder to give them a proper go. I could do with taking some pics now they are cleaned up to post here anyway as these are probably fairly rare beasts.

Don