View Single Post
Old 06-02-06, 13:27

Hi Andy, sorry to hear you had problems with your s7000 - I used one for over 12 months without a hiccough, (apart from those caused by user error!). Most of the pictures in my gallery were taken on the fuji camera. I believe it's also suitable for wedding work, which I'm sure most professionals would cringe at, but if this an area your considering then keep it as a back-up!
Like your about to do, I recently upgraded to a dSLR so that I could acquire lenses to suit the subject, particularly wildlife which is limited with the Fuji.
I opted for the 350d not having the pockets for the 20d. As it's pretty much the same sensor to me it made no sense financially. I don't have particularly large hands so size wasn't an issue and it's comparable to the 35mm film cameras I used in years gone by. Problem is my partner also now prefers it and I've just had to shell out for another - so time to part company with my s7000.
Initially I tried to have a one lens fits all solution and purchased the sigma 28-300 DG - but in the end I've found it better to get a specific lens for a specific job.