Thread: Jessops
View Single Post
Old 07-11-09, 16:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsnapper View Post
You don't have to be an ecconomist or have more than half a brain cell to realise that if you stock a store with goods that people only try but don't buy then that store can go bust.
What's your point, that I should support the store because it's there and therefore payer higher prices ? I assume you have the finances to accommodate this, I don't, and therefore choose to get the best deal and service wherever I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsnapper View Post
Where will you try new gear when there are no more high street stores? I hope that you're not the type who will moan when the local stores are gone - but I wouldn't bet money on it.
If the stores are any good then they will still get custom otherwise they will disappear. Jessops need to move with the times and become much more competitive, after all they all are also an online company and should be able to compete with the likes of Calumet and offer similar prices. Calumet also have stores, so have similar overheads.

For me, if the store disappeared, it wouldn't be much of a problem as I get to the UK or Europe regularly enough to be to research new equipment without too much problem, Jessops didn't always have it in store anyhow.