View Single Post
Old 14-11-09, 19:39

You mention that you want something that can be fixed, and serviced. It can be a personal thing, but reality is mechanical medium format Hasselblads have more of a following so command higher prices than electronic controlled Bronica's and Mamiya's, in the same way a good manual pre-owned Nikon FM2 fetches more than a far more advanced, but electronic, F90x. Personally, I would go for a 'blad everytime. There is a reason why prices start at around £700 for a body,waist level finder,back and 80mm lens (though an EL/M will set you back around start price of £500, but I wouldn't recommend unless it comes with service history and has had the battery conversion properly done).....that reason is quality.
Many medium format Rollei's are on average great collectors cameras, with plenty of pomp and ceremony, but they generally aren't that hot in terms of users. I'm sure there's many a Rollei fan out there who'd shoot me down in flames, but really, they are over-priced!
Leica M's might be rather high, but an older 35mm film rangefinder M39 screw body with lens typically start from around £300 for a user