View Single Post
Old 29-11-09, 19:12

Interesting thread John - (joke coming to avoid misunderstanding) - is this why you've changed your ID from Johnnybike to John Hallas - to avoid your earlier posts here? LOL . But seriously, I've belonged to three clubs in my time, Manchester Photographic, Bury Photographic and now, Abergele Camera Club which is just over 12 months old. You are right about critique here on WPF - it is quite gentle compared with Camera Clubs I've known and if you want serious critique, as Duncan says, use the critique forum. Or if you want something torn apart use the pm or email systems, I'm sure there are many here who would be quite blunt if asked. Don't forget, clubs and forums are made up of human beings, some of whom are more delicate than others. I always try and find something encouraging for people who I think are beginners or younger members - or I don't comment. Some who I have got to know well I will pm or email with suggestions rather than put it in open forum. I know that many do not get my kind of photography, but still i persist. Your pictures are your capture of a moment in time, any alterations you do are your attempts to alter or improve that moment and many will not get it simply because they are not you, do not have your eyes and were not there. Attached is my effort at the Arcade - a shot of great promise in an interesting venue. Whether post processing can ever truly turn a pigs ear into a silk purse ( Joke John, not personal ) is a matter for trial and tribulation. Sometimes I feel I just have to grin and decide b*gg*r - I messed up and cannot rescue it - then perhaps you can experiment with various filters to see what else can be made from the shot. As you can probably gather from my photos in the gallery I say b*gg*r quite a bit with all the playing around I do - Keep smiling and taking the tablets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg London_arcade copy.jpg (304.0 KB, 8 views)

http://www.pbase.com/andy153

http://andy153.smugmug.com/

Equipment: Nikon - More than enough !!!