View Single Post
Old 18-02-06, 18:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Fox
Be more cool
I think you should be cool, Maybe be tone down to fit in with the crowd. You bought the camera to use not have it locked up is a safe wrapped in cotton wool. In ten years time it will be a museum piece anyway.

It is a bit like owning a Rolls Royce and never taking it out of the garage in fear of crashing it. What is it they say ? If you have to ask the price of a Rolls you can't afford it.

The value of the object is not always related to if it will be stolen. In London as with many big cities it is more about being Street Wise. You can get beaten up in a village if your face does not fit in. It is a case of blending in with your environment.

The only time I have had a car broken into was when I was working late at the Liverpool Post and Echo newspaper. The car ended being locked in as I did not realise how late it was. As my hotel was nearby I did not worry and would pickup the next day. When I went to pickup the car I found out that the car park was broken into with an angle grinder. My car along with five others had broken windows and had stuff stolen. In my case they stole an old broken car radio, 50 pence in change from the ash tray and a tax disc with only 3 weeks remaining on it.

-----------------------------------------------------
Solar powered Box Brownie Mk2

Captain Sunshine, to be such a man as he, and walk so pure between the earth and the sea.

WPF Gallery
Birdforum Gallery
http://www.robertstocker.co.uk updated

Last edited by robski; 18-02-06 at 18:05.