View Single Post
Old 23-04-06, 10:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by robski
Morning Don

Wheres that glorious sunshine gone ??

OK Don look at it from this point of view. You can achieve exactly the same perspective using any focal lenght providing you take the shot in the required position.

If you use a telephoto and move back far enough it will give the same effect as a wide angle. Likewise if you use a wide angle and move in close enough it will give the same effect as a telephoto.

The thing is that we don't normally use a lens it that way. Think about some of the photography in wildlife where they take you into the world of an insect or use small models of buildings instead of lifesize scenery in films.
With you on that explanation Rob.

Weather .... well, dull and rain on the way.

Like John I spent yesterday gardening as it was a great day for that ....... somethings you just have to do.

I think that when we have managed to get some pics together it is worth posting the effect of changing your lens to obtain a particular effect. I think lots of people just use the zoom function to fill the frame, without considering how focal length choice can have a significant impact on the final image.

Stephen described it well in his post 5, but as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, and if you are new to photography this is not something that has necessary been considered.

Christines pics were a good example of the effect a telephoto can have on the background.

Just read John's post 25 ............ Mmmmmm

Don