View Single Post
Old 26-05-06, 09:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Fox
I my opinion Nikkor lenses are great however some better than others. I extensively used two lenses on my Fuji S2, 24-120VR and 80-400VR. Both lenses produced sharp usable images on my former camera but when I switched to D2X, I expected super clear sharp large images but they were no better than S2. After reading forums and racking my brain in disappointment I braved a pro lens (200-400VR). I became real happy with my new lens and body combination and surpassed my expectations. I have replaced all lenses with a pro set and all give splendid large images and only little USM is required on the final resized version. I understand Don's query and all I can advise is try it!

Go back to Norfolk cameras and try your lenses on both D2 bodies and look carefully at the images back home.
Stephen,

Very useful post thank you. S2 similar to D100 so I can check 24-120VR on Leifs link as my lenses don't appear.

Unfortunately Norfolk cameras do not have the ' Hs ' or it would be easy. I guess the market for that is more limited so they have no demand or reason to stock it.

Might have to think about using an ' X ' with M/F lenses as an option. My main subjects are not fast moving - 10mph or less.

Don