View Single Post
Old 22-06-06, 12:30

Hi Leif,

For your subject matter the 200mm should fit the bill perfectly. I would not expect there to be a difference in dof but you should benefit as far as backgrounds go by a faster fall of in sharpness of out of focus areas when compared with the 60mm. The telephoto effect relative to the 60mm should give far better isolation of the subject from distracting backgrounds. You referred to this in a previous post re the 60mm and 75-150 + 3T.

Re your 75-150 zoom, I certainly don't sneer. Although the ' E ' range was introduced to go with the EM and FG the performance was known to have surprised a lot of reviewers. Same is probably true today with some lower priced optics producing results that well exceed that expected for the price point.

I would seriously suggest a home test where you are in a relaxed, total control of all things environment and able to get pics onto your pc fairly quickly. That will allow familiarity with the lens, best performance v aperture etc. I see Bjorn Rorslett quotes optimum between f4-f11.

My confidence level is such that I expect you to be looking at a 6T Close-up next. More expense ........ just checked Nikons UK pricelist Code FPF00701 No. 6T Close-up attachment lens £71:99.

Don