View Single Post
Old 25-03-07, 04:25

Roy C you have done a great work, no doubt.As for this debate of computer talent versus natural skill is being discussed for quite a long time(Ansel Adam too had been criticized during his time for manipulation)..Why infact me at one point of time,my standing was same as where Bruce stand now.But with time I have realized - to get the good end result ,one "Must " start with the best "Original" Image.Image editing software won't improve the badly composed or badly shot picture by any means.Why even in this forum if you will notice where the excellent images were ruined by editing softwere.
I would like to argue my point in this way:-If you write a story with a pen and paper,you make more subtle mistakes which is being rectified by computer(if you use computer).So you stay with your "original Idea" and give yourself more space to to do creative thinking than to be bothered about nitty gritty.
2nd Photography is a "multidisplinery action" It does not start with the camera and ends with the camera.One has to have a enough skill to handle all the stages of processing from "conception till the final stage that is print"

Last edited by mcliu; 25-03-07 at 06:52. Reason: more eloberation