View Single Post
Old 08-07-16, 17:06

That's what I am getting at the Night Scene is beautiful and well done and very well composed and took a lot of effort and planning to get it done right. But the Ladybugs and Mums are both very beautiful and each has a couple of minor technical flaws in them but you know know what like you said Birdsnapper the Mums are a very close second. For me it would be the Mums mainly because that takes some very patient effort to shoot them and you have to do just as much Technical work on them in pre-shooting, shooting, and post production.

I do not know how many photos of plants and animals I though that I had perfect only to get a look at them during post production work and shake my head. So why can't we take one and make it the POTW and do a honorable mention, one that is very good but that needs just a little bit to tweak it to make it POTW material.

And like you robski I have not a lot of time to go through the gallery everyday or every other day. I just feel that we as Photographers and in numerous cases Mentors should be willing to take a hard look at items and photos that are out of our comfort zone. (I also must say that for every four or five hundred photos I shoot only one or two really stand out to me)

The 2 flowers just highlights how difficult flower photography can be. To be honest a good attempt but of little merit.

Your right about this one it is a very good attempt but I feel that their is merit to. And if I had been judging that week it would have at least been an honorable mention.

Let me ask the group this: Is there anything wrong with having the POTW and in another forum or thread doing a honorable mention with any pointers that the panel member that week has to make it a POTW material next time. Something to give the photographer feedback. Like it has been done with the 4 Knights. A different angel, etc.

This is a great site and it has some very talented photographers and some with talent that just need a little nudge to help them. It is not a site like one that I was a member of where the old guard photographers all got all of praise and the younger ones all had their work cut to shreds.

I am asking that if you see one that is really good but just needs a couple of pointers as the panel judge that week then give it a honorable mention and let the photographer know what they can do to improve it. I know I will and yes I will choose this weeks POTW with merit and I will also give a Honorable Mention to somebody if that works for the rest of the panel members.

Dave

ON SMUGMUG

https://dwb-photography.smugmug.com/