View Single Post
Old 08-07-16, 22:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidders View Post
Again Robski's Red Admiral, I'm sure he won't mind me saying, while not a bad shot, is not in the same class as his Orange Tip , which won in May
Often conditions on the day don't allow you to get the type of shot you want and you end up with the best you get under the circumstances. The response to my images can be quite varied. Some produce no reaction and others just amaze me. These days I just post a few examples of the days work that did not make it to trash can.

I think Dave is working on the premiss that all those who post images in the gallery are hoping to gain the status of POTW. It's never been my motivation. I don't take myself that seriously. It's a hobby I enjoy and like to share with like minded people.

Yes it's nice to get a pat on the back or mentioned in dispatches if your image was enjoyed and produced a good reaction.

Our experience has been ( especially in the critique section which rarely gets used these days ) most feel their work is good or OK and don't take too kindly to suggestions to improve. So unless somebody provides a bad example of their work and says I know it's bad but how can I improve. Only then is help and suggestions forth coming. Otherwise we tend to stay clear of such troubled waters. Yes it is well exposed, in focus and sharp but the subject and composition is nondescript and you would not look at the image once let alone twice. Some people are perfectly happy to churn out images that should never escape from the photo album

-----------------------------------------------------
Solar powered Box Brownie Mk2

Captain Sunshine, to be such a man as he, and walk so pure between the earth and the sea.

WPF Gallery
Birdforum Gallery
http://www.robertstocker.co.uk updated

Last edited by robski; 08-07-16 at 22:09.