View Single Post
Old 19-02-06, 12:50

Rob the reason for the post was that I simply did not recognise that there was a difference. Obviously as technology advances things change.
In this case the D100 is several years old and therefore one can expect things to have changed in the mean time.

As I do not have a modern computer ( 5 years old laptop ) 128mbs ram 30gig hard drive, I chose to use the fastest photo editing program and workflow without totally understanding the consequences of that decision.

Although I went digital when the D100 came out, photography was a long way behind third hobby at the time. So I was mainly happy snapping on program mode at Steam Rallies.
This forum has changed things elevating photography to current no.1. This has made me relook at how digital works and just what the camera is capable of.

Events over the last couple of weeks have put any kit upgrades on the back burner.

Knowing that really good deals can be had on cameras like the D100 I thought this worth posting. I did a print test using Genuine Fractals, of the F2AS in my gallery and printed a slight crop over 6 A4 sheets ( 21 1/2" x 24" ) so I have no quality issues with it.

And no, I did not know which was which in your post.

Don