View Single Post
Old 10-12-08, 21:47

Thanks for the link Don.
I think there's a big point made in the article regarding credibilty to the suppliers. Without wanting to resurent any Jessops bashing, but when I worked for them apart from bank issues, I believe similar was happening regarding those limits granted by key suppliers like Canon and Sony. Much critisism of CEO at the time of Chris Langley. But I think he did much to restore that confidence on his visits to Japan. Though to be honest, I am suprised Jessops hasn't gone the way of Woolworths yet. It is very sad that I could walk into my local branch, and absolutely no one I worked with, or had contact with, is working for them anymore.....all new faces?!

Unfortunately, I think we shall see many more familiar names dissapear from the high street. The majority of which will probably happen after the Christmas and new year 'sales' period is over.

Incidentally, christmas shopping today, we walked into our local Woolworths today. 50% sales it said on the door. The words 'up to' was in small print.
We did try looking for something to buy,Sad, as I remember as a kid, most of the stuff bought at our local woolies simply wasn't available elsewhere. We left empty handed