View Single Post
Old 12-03-08, 09:20

Hi to all - I think it is about time I entered this thread again - once more to throw some petrol on the fire it seems to have ignited - I would love to see such passion in all of our photographs - that is where I believe it truly belongs.

First: I am not trying to paper over any cracks - I started this thread because I was annoyed that a moderator had removed from this section - "Discussion on POTW" a comment that I had made about the POTW. We have discussed the matter via pm and agree we were both wrong He was hasty in removing the comment - I was a little savage/blunt - as is often my way and I have made my comments more constructive ( which is what I usually do - I hope ).

Second: I think the POTW is a great idea, but perhaps, the format needs to be looked at - as already mentioned - anything chosen by committee is usually a compromise. So why not make POTW an individual choice? Individual moderator OR individual member - chosen by moderators or statistically from those who post a lot - use the forum regularly? Just a thought. Some - may then find the time to also add comments and reasons for their choice.

Third: Please remember we are all learning: if you think you know it all then you have died photographically - you just haven't realized it yet - but it will be reflected in your pictures. A technically perfect picture can be soulless and a beginners snap can have a life and vibrancy that makes it sing even if it shows poor technique.

Fourth and Last: Never let our disagreements become personal - healthy debate is a sign of a healthy family/forum - and apart from me - none of you are right all the time - someone tells me it is inherited Papal infallibility

http://www.pbase.com/andy153

http://andy153.smugmug.com/

Equipment: Nikon - More than enough !!!

Last edited by andy153; 12-03-08 at 13:42.