View Single Post
Old 26-01-11, 14:59

Well I have never done it but I guess it will be similar to shooting gigs, see replies here around that topic http://www.worldphotographyforum.com...ead.php?t=6219

I would :-

Use the fastest lens you have
Shoot Raw
Shoot shutter priority and try to get as fast as you can without underexposing (pushing the RAW file will give more noise)
Use centre wighted metering
Use A1 Servo and single point focusing to track the movement (or the equivalent on Nikon - sorry I use Canon)
Try to focus on the eyes/face, move the focus point around to achieve this.
Maybe try to cath the models when they are posing before turning rather than moving.
If the lights are flashing shoot is short bursts of 5-8 photos as you often get different effects and sharper photos that way.

As above Chimp to see how they are coming out - but use the graphs to look at exposure, don't rely on just viewing the photo as they often look OK in camera but dark on the PC.

Try a variety of different settings, eg if they are looking out of focus try apeture priority to give a better DoF and settle for wahtever speed you get - some motion blur might give a good effect if the cloths are twirling.