View Single Post
Old 09-04-06, 16:09

I had my play for real this morning and found I could spend more time composing a shot than peering through the viewfinder or changing settings on the camera. Nikon camera control lacks a histogram but easily fixed by viewing an image in Nikon Capture (RAW converter and viewer). Exposure can be made exact by varying in capture then transferring these changes to camera using capture control. DOF can be monitored by using laptop screen simple changes can be made to get the photo just right. The photo 'Flight Planning' see link is a full frame not cropped and nothing edited in Nikon capture except convert and pass to photoshop.

To gain distance from camera to laptop I used a USB hub to double distance and achieved approx 3m remote cord. I do have a 2-3m USB cable somewhere just need to locate it. Using this remote technique I was able to scare our cat who visited the scene, she did not expect a bright flash and jumped out of her skin and scarpered! - we are still friends and no animals were harmed during the making of the photograph!

For still subjects this is a must do technique.

Finally I am now able to add an image comment in camera, my photos now carry (c) Stephen Fox in EXIF data

http://www.worldphotographyforum.com...php?photo=4946