View Single Post
Old 20-01-06, 14:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowyowl
I've been running some of my pictures through Picture-cooler to reduce noise. I'm not sure that I've quite got the hang of it yet even though I do like the program. I'm definitely getting better. I probably should use it on most shots but I don't have the PS plug-in only the free version and sometimes I get lazy about having extra programs to go though. It would be more convenient to use as a plug-in, I suspect, instead of having to open a seperate program each time. Is anyone else using Picture-cooler for noise reduction and if so how about some tips?
Hi Snowy owl
I have to say I cant help you with picture cooler as I have only ever tried neatimage. With neat image I find the results very hit and miss. Sometimes results look good and othertimes they look awful. I also dont have the skill to use the manual settings so for that there is probably someone who can help you.
Having said that I am puzzled as to why you think it should always be used? I rarely use neatimage or any noise filter in my photos using the theory that prevention is better than cure
Dslr cameras are pretty forgiving when it comes to using them at relatively high iso. Which camera do you use? Maybe you should look to your camera settings before noise reduction software.