View Single Post
Old 29-03-06, 23:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine
...My main problem is judging the distance,being unable to crouch down to take shots of bridesmaids(I think the brides 2yr old daughter ,may be a bridesmaid),and also the main query,which basic setting to use.RAW is definitely out,I have not used this prog yet,so whether to use,P,auto,or portrait,and whether or not to use the 550 EX flash unit(I think that is the one) or the cameras own built in.Someone did suggest it may be better to have the unit pointing in the air,rather than bent over...

...I am just not very good with indoor shots...

...all my Carol service shots were a disaster,red-eye,and blurry...
Christine, re-read my post, especially this bit: '...if you're not fully familiar with the workings of your camera then don't even think about it...' and decline the invitation to shoot the photos, suggesting that you don't think you can do justice to such an important occasion or something equally diplomatic. Take along a compact camera and just use it on full program mode and do some 'unofficial' shots to supplement the official ones.

http://www.birdforum.net/pp_gallery/...00/ppuser/1805

'Write when there is something you know: and not before: and not too damned much after' Ernest Hemingway