Thread: Jessops
View Single Post
Old 08-11-09, 22:59

Good point Alex. DSG group (currys & PC world in the uk) do have much better buying power, and the co-ordination of their imaging stock has improved vastly in the last couple of years. As one of the area managers once said to me, they are deliberately targeting areas and weaknesses of retailers selling similar mainstream imaging products. Reading between the lines way back when I worked for them I could see these products were ironically proping up none existant laptop profits. Back then PC World were actually making a loss, where Currys were turning a reasonable (but not brilliant) profit. I also suspect that since then, this is one of the reasons why you can also buy many imaging products now at PC world. In a way, the stock choice in the two stores could also indicate some loss of identity too (though I think it'll be a while before PC World stock cookers and fridge freezers!) lol
As far as prices go, I'm always looking at prices and current deals, and can honestly say that Jessop prices, on average, have come down recently.
I am a little confused at the ramblings of some here, but I do try to base my opinion re prices of current findings, but also appreciate that general Jessop past fiascos have probably left a bitter taste in many peoples mouths.

Last edited by Joe; 08-11-09 at 23:19.