View Single Post
Old 07-07-08, 12:43
Chris

can now get upgrade from 1.3 for £80 or total package for £130. Use correct Nikon site for your part of the world to avoid access key problems.

You can also use Nikon customer support system (after registering) to give feedback that will be forwarded to the programmers.

I think mine is to general effect that the mac version is so out of line with OS10 interface and other interface problems that I will revert to 1.3 if is not improved by the time my trial period expires. PC version is identical, but maybe you have a nearly square screen with room to waste on tool boxes you don't want and have a lower expectation of interface clarity.

The selection control point ('star' new item) may work well on pics with strongly coloured and delineated man-made objects, but seems pretty vague on landscapes and worse on seascapes. But, in the absence of tutorial, I will experiment more before giving up. Ditto auto-retouch (=clone/stamp) only useful for eg out-of-focus background, not realy upto serious use.

That leaves shadow protection (=recovery) as only serious advance against a lot of backward steps. I dare say that on a much faster machine there would be some improvement to see there.

Does it look £80 worth to you Stephen?